If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience unparalleled adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts. Get your scuba diving certification with the PADI Open Water Diver course – the world’s most popular and widely recognized scuba course.
- Training materials
- 2 Days of class/pool sessions
- 2 Days of ocean dives (4 dives)
- Basic scuba gear
- Certification & Training manual
- POOL & CLASS SESSIONS
Monday & Tuesday:
This course runs on Monday and Tuesday (9am-4pm). Both days will start off in the classroom reviewing the theory of diving, and then we’ll head to the pool in the afternoon to learn and practice new skills!
- OCEAN DIVES (2 dives/day):
Next Monday& Tuesday:
You will do two shore dives each day, starting at 9am and returning to the shop around 4pm. Possible dive sites: Whytecliff Park, Porteau Cove or Kelvin Grove.
Please make sure to pick up your training manual prior to the start date of your course.
- Must be 10 years of age or older.
- Must be able to complete a medical questionnaire, and obtain medical clearance if necessary. Click here to download the PADI Medical Questionnaire.
What does the course consist of:
- Knowledge Development to understand the basic principles of diving
- Confined Water Dives (Pool) to learn the basic scuba skills
- Open Water Dives to review your skills and explore
Students can rent personal gear (mask, snorkel, fins, boots, & gloves) for $50. This $50 can be credited towards your purchase should you decide to invest in your own personal gear either during or after the course! We also offer great student discounts during the course if you are interested in purchasing your own.