Snorkeling is a great way to explore the underwater world when you’re not able to scuba dive or if scuba diving just isn’t your thing. The course teaches you how to enjoy watching the life below the surface and comfortably venture underwater for short visits, whether you dive in a local freshwater lake or the big blue ocean, at home or on holiday at a dive destination.
Who can take this course?
Anyone who is . . . .
- 8 years and up!
- Has Basic Swimming Skills
- New to snorkeling! No prior experience with snorkeling is required.
What will you learn?
- How to choose, adjust and use snorkeling equipment.
- Basic safety guidelines for being in and around the water.
- Snorkeling techniques including checking buoyancy, surface swimming, clearing water from your snorkel & more.
- The course begins with a classroom briefing on the physics and physiology of Snorkeling, breath holding, and underwater navigation.
- Students don Snorkeling gear in the pool while learning techniques for fin kicking, breathing through the snorkel, and swimming underwater
How long does it take?
Snorkeling classes are scheduled on a demand basis and can take place on most Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. (Booking by appointment.)
Course Price $99 includes:
- Training materials
- 1 classroom sessions
- 1 pool session
- Transportation (spaces are limited)
- Snorkeling gear (mask, snorkel, fins)