Vivian Island boasts an abundant array of marine life including the giant pacific octopus, wolf eels, large schools of rock fish, nudibranches and best of all: Sea Lion diving!
* Meet at the Diving Locker at 5:00 am to catch the 6:30am ferry from Horseshoe Bay to Nanaimo.
* From the ferry it’s about a 1.5 h drive to Comox where we’ll load up on the 30’ aluminum coastal cruiser ‘ATA’TUDE’ and head out to Vivian Island.
* We will plan on catching a late afternoon/early evening Ferry back to Vancouver depending on traffic and ferry schedules.
Trip Cost $279.95 Includes:
Transportation (including ferry)
2 guided boat dives
Snacks on the boat
- Have completed at least 6 cold water dives in the last 6 months (not including the PADI Open Water Diver Course).
Although the difficulty level of this site is fairly easy, there can be some strong currents and divers need to be comfortable and competent in the water. The trip itself is tailored to self-sufficient divers who have mastered their buoyancy control. The guide is there to provide surface support with any gear issues, provide a site briefing and lead the dives for those that would like to follow. Divers who haven’t quite mastered their buoyancy in the cold water or who require some extra attention and support are recommended to start with one of our Local Safari’s.
– Cancellation 2 week before the trip is required to get In-store Credit (can be used towards any future purchase). No Refunds.
– Later Cancellation is not credited unless the spot is filled.
Important: Sea Lions are wild animals, and as such we cannot guarantee sightings. Please also note that these sites are very weather dependent. We will not know until the day before whether or not the sites will be possible, if they are not we will choose another dive site instead. We do not offer credits or refunds if the trip location is changed. If we need to cancel the trip due to weather, an alternate trip or in-store credit will be offered.