Love scuba diving? Want to share it with others on a whole new level? Take the PADI Divemaster course and do what you love to do as a career. Scuba divers look up to divemasters because they are leaders who mentor and motivate others. As a divemaster, you not only get to dive a lot, but also experience the joy of seeing others have as much fun diving as you do.
The PADI Divemaster course is your first level of professional training. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, you’ll fine-tune your dive skills, like perfecting the effortless hover, and refine your rescue skills so you anticipate and easily solve common problems. You’ll gain dive knowledge, management and supervision abilities so you become a role model to divers everywhere.
As a PADI Divemaster, you’ll lead others as you supervise scuba diving activities and assist with diver training. Whether you want to work at a faraway dive destination or close to home at a local dive shop, the adventure of a lifetime awaits you. PADI Divemasters are respected dive professionals who are aligned with the largest and most respected dive organization in the world – PADI.
The PADI Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, waterskills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities. Topics and practical workshops include:
* The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
* Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
* Diver safety and risk management
* Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
* Business of diving and your career
* Awareness of the dive environment
* Dive setup and management
* Mapping an open water site
* Conducting dive briefings
* Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
* Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
* Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
Sign up for the Divemaster Course Online or stop by and see us! Once signed up, you will need to purchase your Divemaster Crew-Pak, which includes your Divemaster manual along with other reference materials- like the PADI Instructor Manual and The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving – that you’ll need during the course. You can work through the eight chapters in the Divemaster Manual knowledge development sections at your own pace.
Your PADI Instructor will explain how the course works when you sign up and plan a schedule with you to go over knowledge reviews, write exams, along with your scheduling your waterskills exercises, workshops and practical assessments.
As a dive professional, you’ll want to have all your basic scuba equipment, including a dive computer, a dive knife, and at least two surface signaling devices. During practical skills exercises, like underwater mapping and search and recovery, you’ll use a compass, floats, marker buoys, lift bags and slates. Your PADI Instructor may suggest additional gear that will be useful throughout your diving career.
We offer 3 month rental packages that are great for students that aren’t quite ready to invest in their own gear but need gear for their Divemaster Course.
The course involves knowledge development,waterskill assessments, dive skill development sessions, and in-water internships.
The internships are the Divemaster candidate’s opportunity to work with our Instructors in a real setting where the prospective Divemaster comes to the pool and ocean with us to help new divers discover the thrill of diving!
The course typically takes 3-6 months depending on how much time you have available to commit to the course. It has a very flexible schedule, which allows you to learn at your own pace. The more courses you intern on, the more you get out of the program.
* Rescue Diver Certification
* Minimum of 40 logged dives to begin The Divemaster Course. (60 logged dives to complete the course)
* Classroom Sessions
* Pool Sessions
* Ocean Dives
* Dive Internship (Learning how to assist with courses, fun dives, and general gear preparation for diving activities)
* Tanks/Air Fills for any training related dives
* Many of our Divemasters move on to teach and work for us on a part time and sometime full time basis. What a great way to put your hobby to work!
* Divemaster Crewpack (required)
* Divemaster application fee ( $133 + tax payable directly to PADI after the course is completed)
* Rental gear ( Check out our 3 month rental packages )
35% Off All Sharkskin Watersports Apparel Dismiss