After the successful Leonardo and Giotto, Newton is the third project designed, developed and produced 100% in Italy by subsidiary Cressi Elettronica created 4 years ago. Completely modular, it is an extremely rugged and reliable computer with a watch-like appearance. Cressi has complete control over the quality of this product as it is wholly developed and manufactured by Cressi Elettronica, from the computer’s software programming to its construction and manufacturing, quality control and post-sales service. It is an elegant and versatile watch design. Hidden beneath its modern and attractive watch is a complete diving computer that stands out for its versatility. Suitable for the advanced or technical diver, but surprisingly simple for the average diver due to its clear and simple presentation of information.
Stainless steel anti-shock ABS case. Lightweight construction resistant to impact and wear. The computer case is extremely flat, with a hydrodynamic section without ridges and small dimensions (Ø51 mm in diameter), with an excellent digit visibility.Super flat profile (maximum height 14 mm) with a completely rounded, hydrodynamic design that prevents potential snagging. Even the wristband anchor maintains the low profile of the case. The case has a spot-on design combining stainless steel with durable technopolymers. The four buttons are low-profile with minimized clearance to ensure that the o-ring seal is watertight during perpendicular use and to prevent small particles or grains of sand from entering that could impact performance.
Scratch-resistant sapphire crystal extremely durable and protected by a rounded stainless steel crown. Four buttons for greater ease of navigation, accessing information and parameter modification. Wide-screen UFDS (User-Friendly Display System) measuring 35 mm in diameter with the case measuring 45 mm. Provides the proverbial ease of navigation and Cressi computer menus. The information display, screen contrast, proportions and digit size have been carefully chosen for ease of use. All of the information presented is separated by light lines to facilitate reading even in stressful or emergency situations. Back-lit display activated by button or when alarm sounds. Menus and navigation system identical to the rest of the Cressi diving computers, with ease of reading, access to information and model parameter modification. Easy configuration, navigation through the various menus and access to a large amount of information displayed intuitively. Complete Nitrox management with the ability to use two different EAN mixes during the same dive. Air, Nitrox and Gauge Modes. Reset option available through the menu. This eliminates the residual nitrogen so that different users may make consecutive dives.
The algorithm incorporates RGBM and Deep Stop (optional). Extended battery life through a combination of systems: battery saver mode when the computer is not used with automatic power-on, low-consumption processor and CR2430 battery. The interface (optional) uses IR to connect to the diving computer and a USB cable for PC connection. Software compatible with all versions of Windows and with Mac. Gauge calibrated in salt water for maximum precision during typical use.
DIVE MODE (“DIVE”):
- Versatile Air/Nitrox ranging 21%-50% O2 with 1% increments
- Two interchangeable mixes while diving
- Modified 9-tissue Haldane Algorithm
- RGBM + Deep Stop (optional)
- Algorithm customizable on 3 levels (Safety factor: SF0, SF1, SF2)
- Allows successive dives with different mixes (indispensable for reprogramming a mix when using Nitrox)
- PLAN Mode (diving planning)
- Adjustable PO2 of 1.0-1.6
- Independent logbook by mode: 75 dives or 60 diving hours with 16 pieces of information about each dive
- Profile Mode: Minute by minute on-screen profile of all dives logged in the logbook
- Variable ascent rate with visual indicator and visual and acoustic alarms
- Preset altitude
- Acoustic and visual alarms with screen lighting: PO2, CNS, ascent rate, DECO, DECO bypass, maximum depth exceeded (optional)
- Calibrated in salt water for maximum precision
- NO DEC TIME and DEC TIME with three digits
- Optional decompression safety stop (“Stop”) in case of no-stop dives
- Approximate 3-year battery life (50 dives per year)
- Temperature, instant PO2, time and mix used are visible under water at the push of a button
- Back-lit screen (one press, 5 seconds)
- Reset option on the menu. Eliminates the residual nitrogen memory for rental or instructional use in dive centers
GAUGE MODE (“GAUGE”):
- Designed to provide precise basic diving parameters with calculated decompression tables
- Gauge calibrated in salt water (maximum precision)
- Current depth reading, maximum depth, dive time and temperature
- Logbook separate from the dives in “Gauge” mode
Super-flat profile (maximum height 14 mm) with a total diameter of 50 mm and a completely rounded, hydrodynamic design that prevents potential snagging. Even the wristband anchor maintains the low profile of the case. Weighs only 75 grams.
Stainless steel anti-shock ABS case. Lightweight construction resistant to impact and wear
Scratch-resistant sapphire crystal extremely durable and protected by a rounded stainless steel crown. Bumpon adhesive protector, flexible and completely transparent available.
Integrated low-profile buttons. The four low-profile buttons have minimized clearance to ensure that the o-ring seal is watertight during perpendicular use and to prevent small particles or grains of sand from entering that could impact performance
Wristband fastened by AISI 316 threaded screws. Two-component construction. Wristband clasp constructed of high resistance stainless steel. Length designed for use over wetsuit