Scubapro Equator BCD
The Scubapro Equator BCD offers the comfort and security of a fully featured front adjustable jacket style bcd that is light weight and ideal for packing to your next travel destination.
For divers who do a lot of local diving as well as travel diving, but prefer to own just one BC, there’s the EQUATOR.
DESIGNED FOR DIVING AT HOME AND ABROAD
Light and compact for travel yet built rugged for local diving, this full-featured BC does it all.
With the EQUATOR you can enjoy all the comfort and security of a full-featured front-adjustable BC, along with the light weight and packability of a travel BC. The new backpack doesn’t scrimp on stability because the tank is secured by a lower primary tank band featuring a stainless steel Super Cinch buckle, plus an upper support strap, plus an adjustable yoke strap, creating a rock-solid tank security system that delivers a controlled ride at depth.
The integrated quick-release weight system is just as secure. Ballast weights load into ditchable pouches that clip into sleeves using low-profile buckles that keep weights locked in place. When it comes time to ditch, an easy squeeze-and-pull and weights are released.
The EQUATOR is comfortable too. Water-draining Airnet neck and back padding provide super comfort, and quick-release rotating shoulder buckles (for optimum strap routing), a cummerbund and a sternum strap all work together to dial in the perfect fit.
Two large zippered cargo pockets feature grommets for attaching a knife. There are also four large pre-bent stainless steel D-rings, along with two smaller stainless D-rings, for clipping on additional gear. An octo pocket on each side of the BC allows you to choose the most convenient location for carrying your backup second stage.
The EQUATOR is full-featured yet compact and lightweight, making it the ideal choice for diving at home — or anywhere.
- 420 denier nylon construction ensures a long and active dive life.
- Wraparound air bladder provides a secure, comfortable ride at depth and on the surface.
- New self-locking elbow ring on main left-shoulder valve prevents accidental loosening.
- New backpack improves comfort and control both under water and on the surface.
- Double band system featuring a stainless steel Super Cinch tank buckle locks the tank in solid for maximum stability at depth.
- Octopus pockets on each side offer options for carrying your backup second stage.
- Rotating quick-release shoulder buckles allow you to optimize the routing of your shoulder straps to maximize fit.
- Quick-release integrated weight pouches ditch easily and secure with low-profile squeeze buckles.
- Two large zippered pockets fitted with knife attachment grommets provide lots of cargo-carrying capability.
- Four large pre-bent stainless steel D-rings, along with two smaller stainless D-rings, provide convenient clip-on points for additional gear.
- BC comes equipped with a Balanced Power Inflator
- Available in five sizes with 22.5lbs/10.2kg to 38.2lbs/17.3kg of lift capacity, depending on size. Click on BC size chart for more details.