We are looking for a dynamic and hardworking individual to add to our team. This full-time position will mainly involve interacting with the customers in the store, but could also evolve into other areas depending on qualifications. Our ideal candidate would also have their Divemaster or instructor’s certification, which would allow a bit more flexibility and variety in the work. We are a very multi-faceted business, and the individual needs to be prepared to fulfill a variety of different roles at any given moment. It’s not always glamorous but we have fun anyways! We want someone that brings something unique to the team, and can help bring our business to the next level.
* Hardworking and organized with a strong attention to detail.
* Can work well with a team (good communicator) as well as independently.
* Excellent problem solving capabilities, fast learner, and can work quickly in a fast-paced environment.
* Can take initiative and can see what needs to be done without being asked.
* Outgoing and passionate about diving, with a minimum Rescue certification. (Interest in pursuing Instructor certification would be a plus)
* Experience diving locally as well as abroad
* Retail and strong customer service experience
* Valid driver’s license
* Legally able to work in Canada
* Good computer skills
* Personable and have a positive presentation
* Self-motivated and has an interest in learning, growing, and taking on new challenges
* Positive and outgoing personality
* Greeting customers and selling equipment, courses & trips.
* Following up with customer inquiries via phone, and email
* Learning about all of the products, trips & courses we sell. This will allow you to better interact and educate the customers.
* Following management directives- we too many day-to-day tasks to list here, but you’ll never be bored!
* Opportunity to be involved in marketing events outside of the store (trade shows, etc.)
* Day to day housekeeping and tidying (Both of the retail floor, & rental area)
* Eventually taking on tasks and projects that lead to increase sales and business for the company.
We are looking to fill this position immediately. It is full-time (40 hours/week) from Thursday – Monday. Wages will be decided depending on experience and skills.
We are not just employees, we are a family. We go diving together, we have staff outings and we genuinely love working and being around each other. Being a part of our “family” means discounts on gear and courses, access to rental equipment (if you don’t have your own), and having opportunities to grow personally as well as professionally within the industry. You will have the opportunity to make this position your own and help us grow.
If you think you’d make a good fit, let us know! Please email your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to tell us a little bit about yourself and why you think this job is right for you.