- PADI E-Learning Only- Don’t care about the certification? If you’re just looking to learn about the gear and basic maintenance, sign up for the E-learning component! You can complete it entirely from the comfort of your own home. If you want to upgrade to the full specialty at a later date, you can just pay the difference!
- PADI Equipment Specialty- E-Learning + Practical Workshop
Who should take this course?
Don’t miss a dive due to minor issues with your scuba diving equipment. Whether it’s a missing o-ring, wetsuit tear or a broken fin strap, the PADI Equipment Specialist course teaches you to manage basic repairs and adjustments. You’ll also learn more about how your gear works, making you more comfortable with it and better prepared to take care of your investment.
If you’re at least 10 years old and certified as a PADI (Junior) Scuba Diver or higher, you can enroll in the Equipment Specialist course.
The PADI Equipment Specialist Touch is a fully interactive and comprehensive digital product for iOS and Android tablet devices. This valuable tool provides a beautifully immersive look into scuba equipment through short video clips and 3D rotating images to help you get a more realistic insight into how things work.
What will you learn?
You’ll learn about routine care and maintenance procedures as well as scuba equipment storage recommendations. Your instructor will show you how to overcome some common equipment problems and offer equipment configuration suggestions.
The more you know about how your dive gear works, the more comfortable you are with it, performance you get from it, and the more you can care for it.
During the course you will:
- * Review the theory, principles and operation of scuba diving equipment, learn about routine, recommended care and maintenance procedures, and equipment storage
- * Learn how to overcome common problems with equipment and recommended professional maintenance procedures (may include a demonstration of repair procedures)
- * Gain simple suggestions for comfortable equipment configurations and an introduction to new gear
Once your finished with your E-Learning, join our service tech Drew for a live in-class workshop where he will go through everything in person, as well as show you a bit more and offer some tips and tricks he’s learned over the last few years!