PADI ADVANCED COURSE
This course can be taken after completing the PADI Open Water Diver certification.
It’s titled PADI Advanced Open Water Diver because it advances your diving knowledge & skills!
Course Cost $299.95 Includes:
- All Basic Scuba Equipment (Including wetsuit)
- Advanced Open Water Manual
- Transportation (space limited)
- 5 ocean dives (Completed over one weekend)
What Is The PADI Advanced Course?
That is what the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course is all about. And no, you don’t have to be “advanced” to take it – it’s designed so you can go straight into it after the PADI Open Water Diver course.
The Advanced Open Water Diver course will help you increase your confidence and build your scuba skills so you can become more comfortable in the water. This is a great way to get more dives under your belt while continuing to learn under the supervision of your PADI Instructor.
Who Should Take This Course?
PADI (Junior) Open Water Divers who are at least 12 years old are ready to Advance their knowledge, and learn about some different areas of diving.
What Will You Learn?
There are a series of five dives in the Advanced Course, which include:
- Deep Dive- We will be diving to a maximum depth of 100 ft,and learning first hand about pressure, color changes, and nitrogen narcosis!
- Underwater Navigation- Get your compasses out! We will learn how to properly navigate a square pattern, straight lines, and will also learn about how to use your surroundings underwater for natural navigation.
- Night Dive- Witness the amazing nocturnal life that awakens when the sun goes down. You will learn proper night diving techniques, and may even see an octo out hunting for its dinner if you are lucky
- Wreck Dive- Explore the artificial reefs at Porteau Cove, including a 95 ft steel-hulled tugboat, a 33ft steel dredge tender, and a 48ft sailboat.
- Peak Performance Buoyancy- Learn about proper weighting techniques, and practice fine tuning your buoyancy.
Must be 12 years of age or older.
PADI Open Water Diver Certification (or equivalent)
Must be able to complete a medical questionnaire, and obtain medical clearance if necessary. Click here to download the PADI Medical Questionnaire. (A list of physicians considered knowledgeable and competent in diving medicine for the purposes of the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation on WORK SAFE BC >>).
Personal Gear Rental
Students are required to provide their own personal gear (mask, snorkel, fins, boots, & gloves) and lights for the night dive, all of which can be rented for $50.
Optional Drysuit Upgrade
If you are planning on doing the course between October-May, you will want to do it in a drysuit. If you’ve already completed drysuit training, this can be added on for $50. If you haven’t dove in a drysuit before, you will need to complete the drysuit orientation. You will do some additional pool training which will teach you how to use a drysuit in a confined water setting, and how to handle the changes in buoyancy. You will then get to use the drysuit for your ocean dives. Doing the Pool training session with us will allow you to rent and use a drysuit from The Diving Locker during and after your course.
Drysuit Rental – $50 (If you’ve already completed the pool orientation)
Drysuit Upgrade – $99.95 (Includes additional pool training, and drysuit rental for all 5 of your ocean dives)
Should you decide to upgrade to the full PADI Drysuit Specialty later on, you would just pay an additional $199.95, and come out for two more ocean dives.
Something come up and need to postpone your course? No problem! We ask that you give us 1 week notice, as we do fill up quickly so we’d like to have time to fill your spot.
Unfortunately we do not offer refunds, but we run the course every month and would be happy to move you to a different date